Bouygues UK has an exciting opportunity available for a Site Manager / Finishing Manager to work on our Pentre Awel life sciences, health & wellbeing project in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire.
The first phase of the project is £87M and is located at the 83-acre Delta Lakes site on the Llanelli coastline. The health & wellbeing village will be made up 5 buildings including sports hall, leisure centre and research building. This is an exciting project where we are placing a strong emphasis on social value, ensuring that local people and businesses can reap the benefits of the scheme.
We are considering applicants at Site Manager or Assistant Site Manager level, capable of closing out the building with regards to the finite finishes and a proven track record of managing a defect free handover.
Job Purpose & Scope:
To ensure effective and efficient production within set timescales, including quality and safety management.
Accountabilities & Key Tasks:
- Assist the Project Lead in the delivery of the Project
- To manage the daily activities of the appointed ground works contractor, in respect Of Health and Safety, Quality and programme
- To manage the costs associated with the works, and any variations should they arise in liaison with the Site Quantity Surveyors
- Lead weekly progress meetings and producing the required timeline of works / action points
- Subcontractor management to ensure projects are delivered on time and compliant
- Assist with procurement of subcontractors for post completion works
- Control of subcontractors and directly employed labour
- Liaison with the Client and their agents
- Review of ongoing works with a view to highlight potential defects
- Advising production teams on ‘lessons learnt’
- Assist with the preparation of O&M’s
- Lead daily Start Up meetings
- Run Black Hat meetings
- Manage the snagging/defects process
Essential & Desirable Criteria:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent man management skills
- Excellent self-organisation skills and ability to organize others
- Priority management
- Attention to detail
- Ability to drive program
- High levels of quality standards
- Attention to H&S matters
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Stress management
- Knowledge of UK building regulations
- Be financially aware
- Ability to produce, understand and monitor the contract programme
- Work with sub contractors to produce and monitor short term programmes
- Team Player
- Understanding of UK H&S construction laws
Why Bouygues UK
Day in day out our teams deliver some of the most technically innovative and challenging projects across the UK and the world. With a strong corporate culture our values reflect how we operate with Respect, Excellence, Courage, Integrity and Passion. We offer competitive basic salaries coupled with generous company benefits including:
· 26 days annual leave, increasing to 30 days
· pension scheme
· life insurance
· private medical insurance
· BY Extra – opt into lifestyle benefits
· Volunteering opportunities
Bouygues Construction UK was awarded the Top Employers United Kingdom and Top Employers Europe certification!
Together with our partners and clients, Bouygues UK delivers award-winning construction, development and regeneration projects to the most exacting standards across public and commercial private sectors.
Bouygues UK is part of the Bouygues Group, a diverse global business which operates in the construction, engineering, energy, media and telecommunications markets.
With annual sales of over €32 billion and operations in over 100 countries, the financial strength of our group is a key differentiator in these challenging economic times.
Here at Bouygues we value the creativity and innovation that our diverse workforce brings, encouraging people from all backgrounds, particularly those from underrepresented communities to apply. By joining us, you will be inspired to bring your full self to the workplace, speak up and share your unique ideas. You will also have an opportunity to join our employee led diversity & inclusion communities such as WeLink (women network), Encompass (LGBTQ+), Kaleidoscope (BAME), Disability and Wellness peer support network, Parents and Carers network.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We value your privacy and we are committed to protecting your personal details. If you choose to apply for this role, please do not include any sensitive data on your CV which reveals (directly or indirectly); your race or ethnic origins, your political, philosophical or religious opinions, or your membership of a trade union, your social security number, or information which relates to your health or sexual orientation or to any criminal convictions.