Bouygues UK are seeking to recruit Site Managers for the Internal Trades or Facades package on one of our signature projects in Cambridge.
Job Purpose and Scope:
- To manage the daily activities of the appointed Internal Trades subcontractors, in respect of Health and Safety, Quality and Programme.
- To manage the costs associated with the works and any variations, should they arise.
- Lead weekly progress meetings and produce the required timeline of works / action points.
- Subcontractor management to ensure projects are delivered on time and compliant.
Accountabilities and Key Tasks:
- Investigation into latent defects and provide engineered solutions where necessary.
- Procurement of subcontractors for post completion works.
- Preparation of purchase orders, works orders and associated documents.
- Control of subcontractors and directly employed labour.
- Liaison with the Client and their agents on post completion matters.
- Review of ongoing works with a view to highlight potential defects.
- Advising production teams on `lessons learnt`.
- Amendment of O&M`s etc after remedial activity.
- To comply with Company Policies and Procedures.
- To fulfill Health & Safety responsibilities by adherence to the requirements of the Company`s Health & Safety Policy Statement, Manual and Safe Systems of Work.
Who we are looking for:
- Internal Trades Construction Site Management experience
- Skilled Trades background, ie; M&E, Carpentry, etc
- Excellent management skills
- Excellent self organization skills and ability to organize others
- Priority management
- Knowledge of UK building regulations
- Ability to drive program
- High levels of quality standards
- Attention to H&S matters
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
Why Bouygues UK:
As a permanent Bouygues UK employee, you can benefit from:
-26 days annual leave increasing to 30 days
-Group Personal Pension scheme (increased employer contribution)
-Life insurance (4x salary)
-Private medical insurance
-Access to Lifestyle Benefits (such as our Cycle to Work Scheme).
Together with our partners and clients, Bouygues UK delivers award-winning construction, development and regeneration projects to the most exacting standards across public and commercial private sectors.
Bouygues UK is part of the Bouygues Group, a diverse global business which operates in the construction, engineering, energy, media and telecommunications markets.
With annual sales of over €32 billion and operations in over 100 countries, the financial strength of our group is a key differentiator in these challenging economic times.