Bouygues UK are seeking to recruit Site Managers for the Internal Trades package on one of our signature projects in Cambridge.
Job Purpose and Scope:
- To manage the daily activities of the appointed Internal Trades subcontractors, in respect of Health and Safety, Quality and Programme.
- To manage the costs associated with the works and any variations, should they arise.
- Lead weekly progress meetings and produce the required timeline of works / action points.
- Subcontractor management to ensure projects are delivered on time and compliant.
Accountabilities and Key Tasks:
- Investigation into latent defects and provide engineered solutions where necessary.
- Procurement of subcontractors for post completion works.
- Preparation of purchase orders, works orders and associated documents.
- Control of subcontractors and directly employed labour.
- Liaison with the Client and their agents on post completion matters.
- Review of ongoing works with a view to highlight potential defects.
- Advising production teams on `lessons learnt`.
- Amendment of O&M`s etc after remedial activity.
- To comply with Company Policies and Procedures.
- To fulfill Health & Safety responsibilities by adherence to the requirements of the Company`s Health & Safety Policy Statement, Manual and Safe Systems of Work.
Who we are looking for:
- Internal Trades Construction Site Management experience
- Skilled Trades background, ie; M&E, Carpentry, etc
- Excellent management skills
- Excellent self organization skills and ability to organize others
- Priority management
- Knowledge of UK building regulations
- Ability to drive program
- High levels of quality standards
- Attention to H&S matters
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
Why Bouygues UK:
As a permanent Bouygues UK employee, you can benefit from:
-26 days annual leave increasing to 30 days
-Group Personal Pension scheme (increased employer contribution)
-Life insurance (4x salary)
-Private medical insurance
-Access to Lifestyle Benefits (such as our Cycle to Work Scheme).
Together with our partners and clients, Bouygues UK delivers award-winning construction, development and regeneration projects to the most exacting standards across public and commercial private sectors.
Bouygues UK is part of the Bouygues Group, a diverse global business which operates in the construction, engineering, energy, media and telecommunications markets.
With annual sales of over €32 billion and operations in over 100 countries, the financial strength of our group is a key differentiator in these challenging economic times.
Further information about Bouygues UK can be found at:
Bouygues UK is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Bouygues UK values your privacy and we are committed to protecting your personal details.
If you choose to apply for this role, please do not include any sensitive data on your CV which reveals (directly or indirectly); your race or ethnic origins, your political, philosophical or religious opinions, or your membership of a trade union, your social security number, or information which relates to your health or sexual orientation or to any criminal convictions. There is no need to include your address or contact details on your CV, because we will ask you to provide them on the application form.