About the role
We have an exciting new opportunity for a SHE - Safety Health Environment Manager reporting to the Managing Director of Cormac’s Highways, Environment & Civil Engineering business. You will develop a new team including SHE Advisors who will support the business’s operations, while the Group SHE resources focus on group strategy and compliance monitoring.
You will be the strategic lead for health, safety and environmental management and improvement across Cormac’s Highways, Environment & Civil Engineering business which currently delivers £100m pa of services including, asset management, highway maintenance and environmental maintenance, along with design and build of infrastructure through consultancy and contracting teams.
The role includes responsibility for leading on company SHE strategy in accordance with the Corserv Group strategy and the collaborative development of company annual improvement plans in accordance with the strategy. It will ensure that Cormac’s Integrated Management System (certified to ISO 9001, 14001 & ISO 45001) is effective in managing SHE risk and that it supports the achievements our goals and objectives. You will also lead the development of cultural alignment and change in relation to behavioural safety, which is necessary to drive our continual improvement in SHE performance.
We are looking for you to bring:
- Previous and proven experience in SHE leadership and management within a similar organisation (£100m pa and 800 FTEs)
- Successful implementation of behavioural change programmes
- Significant experience of continually improving SHE and Integrated Management Systems
- The ability to communicate effectively is required to manage customer relationships, in addition to strong planning and organisation skills to deliver operational excellence and efficiency.
- Experience of leading teams, and confidence in the ability to lead, influence and communicate with others to deliver targets are required.
- A formal H&S qualification such as NEBOSH Diploma
- A relevant Environmental management qualification or accreditation
- Ability to positively influence the health, safety and wellbeing of our teams
- Audit training
- Previous experience working in a Construction or Highways environment would be desirable
Our offer to you
Salary: A salary package of circa £55k plus car allowance
Working Hours: 37 hours
Contract Type: Permanent
Working with us you will have an employee benefits package that includes:
- Generous pension scheme with employer contribution
- Employee discount scheme and wellbeing events
- Holiday starting at 23 days and increasing to 28 with service (pro-rata if part-time) with option to purchase additional
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible working hours & home working options
- Investment and support in your continuous training and development
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of all our service users, clients and customers. If the role is working with vulnerable individuals and/or children and young people, you will be asked to complete a relevant DBS check to be successfully appointed to the role.
Please follow the link below to apply for the role with your candidate profile. Or to find out more about the role please take a look at the role profile.
If you’d like to have a discussion about the role, please feel free to contact our in-house resourcing team for an informal chat about the role.
Thank you for your interest in supporting our important work at the Corserv Group.