You will work within RSSB’s Risk & Safety Intelligence Department, which manages, analyses and reports on health and safety information for the GB railway. The Departments outputs include performance reports, learning from incidents and investigations, modelled estimates of underlying risk, tools and guidance. These are used across the rail industry to inform decisions that affect the safety and health of workforce, passengers or the wider public. The Department works closely with RSSB’s members to understand and meet their needs and to help them get the most from its products and services.
- Experience in a similar technical role.
- Knowledge of data extraction, manipulation and visualisation tools and techniques, such as SQL and relevant programming languages, and familiarity with MS Office.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team as well as on your own.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- A communicator with the ability to work with a range of stakeholders and present information relevant to the audience.
- A commitment to RSSB’s values and customer
- Railway domain knowledge and understanding of the hazards present.
- Knowledge or interest in safety management or the management and operation of the railway would also be an advantage.
- Ideally hold or be working towards a higher-level qualification or professional accreditation e.g. chartership (CEng or equivalent).
Please note we are not accepting applications from candidates that have applied within the last 12 months.
Early applications are encouraged, as we may close this vacancy before the advertised deadline if sufficient numbers of applications are received.