Axione (part of the Bouygues Group) is currently looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager to join our Project Management Office/Team, based in Holytown, Scotland.
About the job
To undertake duties on a range on infrastructure projects within set timescales, including quality, cost and safety management.
- To act as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that Axione objectives are met and that projects are delivered to time and cost targets and the appropriate quality standards.
- To manage the team on site and report to the Project Director
- To manage the daily activities in respect of Health and Safety, Quality and programme.
- To manage the costs associated with the works, and any variations should they arise.
- Lead weekly progress meetings with the project engineers and producing the required timeline of works / action points.
- Subcontractor management to ensure projects are delivered on time and compliant.
- To carry out investigation into defects & latent defects and provide engineered solutions where necessary.
- Preparation of purchase orders, works orders and associated documents.
- Control of subcontractors and directly employed labour.
- Review of ongoing works with a view to highlight potential defects & delays.
- Ensure the Company Health and Safety safe working practices are observed at all times
- Comply with Company Policies and Procedures
- To follow the Company's Equalities Policies in relation to other staff, customers and members of the Group, at a level appropriate to the post
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, the job holder may be required to perform other duties assigned by their line manager from time to time, outside the normal sphere of work as may be reasonably requested
The job holder will be required to undertake such flexible and additional working hours as may be necessary, within reason, to facilitate the efficient fulfilment of the duties required by position.
- FTTP infrastructure experience
- NEC contract experience
- Local Authority experience
- Experience of CDM
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent man management skills
- Excellent self-organisation skills and ability to organize others
- Priority management
- Attention to detail
- Ability to drive program
- High levels of quality standards
- Attention to H&S matters
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Full Driving Licence
- SSMTS training
- CSCS Card
- Construction background in telecomsWhy choose us?
Part of the Bouygues Energies & Services group, Axione is a global player in the telecommunications infrastructure sector based on the drive to digitally develop local areas.
A leading player in France`s very high speed broadband strategy, Axione designs, builds, finances and operates new-generation digital infrastructure (FTTP/FTTH) for its own projects, local authorities and for Internet Service Provider.
We are currently extending our expertise in the United Kingdom.
Axione UK will focus on managing:
- the build of Axione`s network in the UK
- the sourcing and management of its local supply chain
- elements of the support and operation of the network, and
- the exploitation of its network in the UK