Bouygues UK are seeking to recruit a Senior Planner to work as part of our Building Safety Matters Team. You will be establishing, maintaining and operate a planning system in accordance with the planning procedures, providing a consistently high level of service. Lead the planning function on multiple live projects ensuring the production teams are delivering the project time objectives.
Job Purpose and Scope:
- Manage the daily activities of subcontractors, in respect of Health and Safety, Quality and Programme.
- Manage the costs associated with the works and any variations, should they arise.
- Lead weekly progress meetings and produce the required timeline of works / action points.
- Subcontractor management to ensure projects are delivered on time and compliant.
Accountabilities and Key Tasks:
- Working as part of project team, but with dual role as independent assessor of progress
- Capture of output rates to ensure company database remains current and competitive
- Liaison with broader planning community
- Line Management of less senior planners
- Agree with Project Team the level of planning service and anticipated time allocation
- Establish a Contract Programme.
- Hands-on planning preparing, in conjunction with production team, optimum working programme to meet project objectives covering design, procurement, enabling, construction, commissioning, handover, client key dates
- Contributing to the capturing of project risks and proposing mitigating actions
- Communicating within production teams to ensure they are aware of their roles in meeting the programme
- Understand the project forms of contract (with specific amendments) and ensure team are aware of actions necessary to 1) demonstrate entitlement 2) protect business from commercial harm.
Who we are looking for:
- Experience of working within strategic post completion team – specifically on Building /Fire Safety related works
- You will welcome the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the construction process from Pre-construction- Design – Procurement- Construction
- Good construction Knowledge required- Ideally mixed between Residential- Healthcare- education
- Good knowledge and experience of producing detailed logistics & phasing plans -using appropriate software such as AutoCAD- sketch-up etc
- You must be enthusiastic and motivated
- Opportunity for a career focussed individual to join dynamic team with opportunities to develop and grow with the business
Why Bouygues UK
Day in day out our teams deliver some of the most technically innovative and challenging projects across the UK and the world. With a strong corporate culture our values reflect how we operate with Respect, Excellence, Courage, Integrity and Passion.
We offer competitive basic salaries coupled with generous company benefits including:
- 26 days annual leave, increasing to 30 days
- 2 paid volunteering days a year
- pension scheme
- life insurance
- private medical insurance
- BY Extra – opt into lifestyle benefits
Bouygues Construction UK was awarded the Top Employers United Kingdom and Top Employers Europe certification. Together with our partners and clients, Bouygues UK delivers award-winning construction, development and regeneration projects to the most exacting standards across public and commercial private sectors.
Bouygues UK is part of the Bouygues Group, a diverse global business which operates in the construction, engineering, energy, media and telecommunications markets. With annual sales of over €32 billion and operations in over 100 countries, the financial strength of our group is a key differentiator in these challenging economic times.
Here at Bouygues we value the creativity and innovation that our diverse workforce brings, encouraging people from all backgrounds, particularly those from underrepresented communities to apply. By joining us, you will be inspired to bring your full self to the workplace, speak up and share your unique ideas. You will also have an opportunity to join our employee led diversity & inclusion communities such as WeLink (women network), Encompass (LGBTQ+), Kaleidoscope (BAME), Disability and Wellness peer support network, Parents and Carers network.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We value your privacy and we are committed to protecting your personal details. If you choose to apply for this role, please do not include any sensitive data on your CV which reveals (directly or indirectly); your race or ethnic origins, your political, philosophical or religious opinions, or your membership of a trade union, your social security number, or information which relates to your health or sexual orientation or to any criminal conviction.