Safety, Health and Environment Advisor
Northampton or Stanstead
Up to £34,040 per annum
MOLA is seeking a SHE Advisor to join the team at either our Northampton or Stanstead office. We have a diverse and interesting portfolio of exciting projects throughout the UK and an expanding client base for which this role will take an active supporting and advisory role.
MOLA is an experienced and innovative archaeology practice. We have been providing independent, professional heritage advice and services for over 40 years across the UK and internationally on schemes both large and small. Our commercial services are designed to help our development, infrastructure and construction sector clients to meet their planning process requirements swiftly and expertly, with the certainty and value they need.
The successful candidate will be NEBOSH qualified and will work as part of the team providing advice and support to the business on all aspects of Health, Safety and Environment. Having the ability to work in an agile fashion with competing demands while being able to identify problems and develop solutions will be key to the role. You will be expected to establish, manage and monitor internal processes and practices, communications, training, and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health, Safety and Environment within MOLA are adhered to utilising their extensive knowledge and understanding of health, safety and environment legislation and best practice.
- To support the Head of Health, Safety and Environment in ensuring MOLA compliance with current and future health and safety and environment legislation and best practice
- To help develop methods for the improvement of MOLA health and safety performance.
- To help ensure the safe management of MOLA premises, projects, and operations
- To help ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of MOLA staff and other stakeholders (e.g. volunteers, sub-contractors, visitors, the public)
- To work proactively with all staff to establish and maintain systems that promote a culture of safe working practices
- To ensure that the appropriate health, safety, and environment training has been provided to all staff.
- To be responsible for ensuring compliance with environmental regulations acting as the competent person for environmental matters across the whole organisation.
- To be responsible for fire and legionella safety matters across the whole organisation.
If you are looking to make that next step in your Health and Safety career and would like to join an organisation that is truly passionate about what we do, please APPLY NOW!
For more information, including a job description and person specification and to apply please go to https://mola.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/2773353?cid=2033
The closing date is 21st August 2022.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of eligibility will be required prior to commencement.
MOLA promotes diversity and equality of opportunity at all levels, and welcomes applications from people regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion or belief.