ASCENSION ISLAND GOVERNMENT
We’re looking to recruit an experienced professional in the following post, leading a critical function of AIG’s operations:
QUALITY, HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL (QHSE) OFFICER - £21,000pa, Two years, fixed-term
Ascension is a small volcanic island, situated in the South Atlantic, with a warm stable climate (26-34°C). Ascension is part of the wider British Overseas Territory of Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha. It is situated approximately 1,000 miles from the mainland of Africa and it is 800 miles from its nearest neighbour, the island of St Helena. To thrive here you must be resilient, adaptable and able to live in an incredibly small community.
To ensure our on-going compliance with QHSE practices and further develop a strong culture of health & safety, we’re looking for an experienced QHSE professional to lead on the development and on-going management of our QHSE systems, policies and practice. This role will be responsible for developing QHSE improvement strategies and plans, advising staff and managers on all aspects of QHSE matters in the workplace and ensuring safe working practice and standards across all of AIG’s functions.
We welcome applications from a qualified H&S professional (eg NEBOSH) who has significant practical experience of working in a similar role, within the context of an ISO certified operation. Experience of delivering this role in either construction, engineering or a similar operational setting is essential. With experience of managing a small team of people, you’ll also have the knowledge, credibility and communication skills to effectively influence and engage internal and external stakeholders in building a strong QHSE culture across all aspects of AIG.
The role attracts accompanied status contracts and the following benefits:
- Rent free accommodation (with Accompanied status electricity and water allowances)
- An Accompanied status food allowance of £6,700 per annum
- Relocation costs for your personal effects, including the shipment of a vehicle
- One mid-contract return journey to your country of recruitment
- A gratuity payable on the successful completion of a 2 year contract
- 30 days’ annual holiday (with additional 9 days public holidays)
- Free primary dental and medical care
The appointment will be subject to:
- Satisfactory employment references
- Criminal Records Check
- Satisfactory Medical Clearance
Interviews: (by Skype if off island)
For more information, job descriptions, and to apply please click the apply now button which will redirect you to our careers page.