Bouygues UK are seeking to appoint a Project Manager to assist the Project Director in the delivery of a commercial building at Hinkley Point C.
Job Purpose and Scope:
Project management of the internal fit-out of a £25M new build commercial building at Hinkley Point Power Station
Reporting to the Project Lead and Project Director
Role will include the management of all relevant subcontractors as part of a larger team already based on site (35+), delivering several large projects in the same part of the overall project
- To plan, organise, control and coordinate the package or section of the project to a satisfactory and safe completion.
- To implement and where instructed to develop the Project Management Plan as contained within the Project Management Manual.
- To mark up the project programme on a weekly basis.
- To review daily the weekly work plan and brief trade supervision on action required.
- To ensure that works are not started before Risk Assessments, Task Safety Plans and Method Statements are issued and agreed, issued and communicated by the sub-contractor and to then actively monitor the implementation and ensure that the works are carried as agreed.
- To ensure that all activities critical to the success of the site are executed, managed and delivered to the agreed programme and standards required to achieve the aims of the project team.
- To provide reports and keep site records / administration as required by Company procedures and statute.
- To protect the Company`s interest via appropriate recorded documentation and correspondence with the client, Design Team and sub-contractors.
- To actively monitor and supervise subordinate site staff`s performance to ensure the highest standards of safety, quality of workmanship and efficiency thus ensuring the competence of site staff.
- To ensure that the works are carried out in accordance with good practise and in line with all relevant specifications, drawings, method statements and to obtain all relevant technical / manufacturers information prior to any activity commencing.
- To implement systems and procedures to ensure total client satisfaction upon completion `Defect free`.
- Where appropriate to chair, attend and record regular site briefing meetings and site safety meetings will all personnel under your control on site to ensure effective two-way communications.
- Where appropriate to work closely with members of the commercial team to produce the sub contract procurement schedule and to sign off all subcontract orders in accordance with the latest procurement procedures.
- To ensure that focus is maintained on the forecast final financial position, including prelims, sub-contractor non recoverable and day works, rick and opportunity schedules.
- Experience in various faade and roof treatments
- Ability to understand and retain knowledge
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and produce accurate work.
- Experience in the construction industry
- Has technical knowledge and is profit minded.
- Must be methodical and process driven
- HSE training in accordance with the BYUK training matrix in particular SMSTS, Appointed Person
training and Temporary Works coordination.
- IT Literate, Document control and use of collaborative shared platforms (4P)
- Generates high quality output such as management plans
- NEC3 Option A/C Form of contract administration
Why Bouygues UK
Day in, day out, our teams deliver some of the most technically innovative and challenging projects across the UK and the world. With a strong corporate culture, our values reflect how we operate with Respect, Excellence, Courage, Integrity and Passion. We offer competitive basic salaries coupled with generous company benefits, including:
-26 days annual leave, increasing to 30 days
-Private medical insurance
-Cycle to Work Scheme
-Bouygues Extra - `opt into` lifestyle benefits
About Bouygues UK
Bouygues UK is one of the country`s leading construction companies.
It focuses on sectors where it can add value through the technical expertise, skills and experience of Bouygues UK and the wider global Bouygues Group. These include residential (including social housing, the private rented sector, private for sale homes, mixed-use, care homes and student accommodation); and education (ranging from nursery schools through to higher education) as well as technically complex projects across sectors where the company`s expertise can be maximised.
Bouygues UK provides intelligent management throughout the entire life-cycle of each project, delivering efficiently and to an excellent standard.
Bouygues UK combines a local focus with international strength and expertise: the company is wholly owned by Bouygues Batiment International, a subsidiary of Bouygues Construction, a global player in construction and services.
In 2015, Bouygues Construction and its 50,000 employees generated sales of €12 billion.