An exciting opportunity has arisen with Bouygues UK for a Project Director to work on one of our upcoming projects in Carmarthenshire.
Job Purpose and Scope:
To be responsible for executing the project to the agreed programme, with the highest regards to Health, Safety and Environmental standards expected by the client and company. To also strive to reach excellence and to improve the business performance overall.
Accountabilities and Key Tasks:
- To be responsible for Health Safety and Environment (SHE) on the project and promote the best SHE behaviour and practise on site with the team, hold and chair the monthly SHE meetings.
- To plan and manage the project from transfer though to practical completion.
- To develop and implement the Pre-Development Plan.
- To agree and take total ownership of the commercial strategy for the project.
- To ensure implementation and actively manage the agreed commercial strategy of the project together with the agreement of monthly finance and production reports.
- Lead by example acting as a representative of the company ensuring that all working relationships with internal and external customers are consistent and to the highest standards.
- Establish and maintain a strong positive relationship with the client to deliver improved value to the client and the company.
- To ensure best practises are promoted across the company and provide a fulcrum to promote innovation and continuous employment.
- Where applicable work closely with the pre-construction team on; SHE, Build ability and programme issues and review and comment on design information issues by both consultants and suppliers.
- Ensure that the design process is effectively managed and sufficiently advanced to satisfactorily procure all necessary sub-contractors and materials in liaison with design management, commercial and buying teams.
- Closely monitor the programme throughout the project and ensure that any required action is taken as and when appropriate, this will include producing medium and long term programmes.
- To develop comprehensive SHE, commercial and package requirements and in conjunction with the team to ensure that the company gets the best out of its sub-contractors and suppliers by proper selection and procurement management on site.
- To protect the company’s interest, via appropriate recorded documentation and correspondence with the client/design team and sub-contractors.
- Identify and establish the risks and opportunities within the project, and to operate and establish the relevant management strategies to deal with these, to the best advantage of the company.
- To work with senior management and the human resources department to select, recruit and manage such personnel as are required to maintain a flexible, efficient and economic team capable of carrying out the contract requirements in line with the company’s recruitment procedures.
- Ensures the teams have checked the project is in line with the clauses of the contract and of the specifications.
Essential and Desirable Criteria:
- Degree or equivalent in an Engineering or Construction discipline
- Extensive experience working with a main contractor or large subcontractor
- Strong knowledge of UK building regulations
- Excellent Leadership skills
- Results oriented
- Excellent financial control skills
- Thorough Understanding of UK H&S construction laws
- Stress Management skills
- High levels of quality standards
- Keen attention to H&S matters
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and produces accurate work
- Innovative and able to identify and implement new ways to do things to achieve better ways of working
- Has technical knowledge and is profit minded
- Cost Control Experience
MCIOB or similar chartership
Here at Bouygues we value the creativity and innovation that our diverse workforce brings, encouraging people from all backgrounds, particularly those from underrepresented communities to apply. By joining us, you will be inspired to bring your full self to the workplace, speak up and share your unique ideas. You will also have an opportunity to join our employee led diversity & inclusion communities such as WeLink (women network), Encompass (LGBTQ+), Kaleidoscope (BAME), Disability and Wellness peer support network, Parents and Carers network.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We value your privacy and we are committed to protecting your personal details. If you choose to apply for this role, please do not include any sensitive data on your CV which reveals (directly or indirectly); your race or ethnic origins, your political, philosophical or religious opinions, or your membership of a trade union, your social security number, or information which relates to your health or sexual orientation or to any criminal convictions.