Bouygues Energies & Services currently has an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager (Hard FM) to join our Facilities Management team at the University of West London in Ealing. This is a permanent role working 40 hours per week, to be worked from Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm, with a requirement to be part of the management call out rota.
- Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager
- Responsible for the operational delivery of Hard FM services to the highest standard
- Ensure the effective day to day management of the Supervisors and M&E Team on the contract
- Delivery of HSSE arrangements for Control of Works, including the management, implementation and ongoing support of the quality, H&S and management systems.
- Review of task Risk Assessments, Method Statements, competencies and task programmes to ensure appropriate controls and Safe Systems of Work are in place for tasks conducted by contractors and non-routine tasks carried out by resident teams.
- Deliver Control of Works Health & Safety inductions for all non-resident contractors.
- Conduct Assurance checks and site inspections of active work to ensure compliance
- Administration of the UWL estate Permit to Work, site work authorisation and LOTO procedures.
- Ensure incidents are recorded and investigated through the BYES and client web-based system and hazards are captured through the HSSE local reporting system with effective closure of actions.
- Working from 08:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week with inclusion in the management call out rota to assist constant high-level service to client.
- Must hold a recognised Electrical or Mechanical trade apprenticeship and/or relevant qualifications to level 3 (theory and practice) in a relevant Electrical or Mechanical discipline with suitable industry experience; hard services FM background essential
- Ability to manage workforce teams and strong knowledge in HR managed processes
- Good level of commercial awareness desirable
- Knowledge of Health & Safety, minimum IOSH managing safely required
- Excellent customer service and communication skills including IT literacy
- Demonstrate good planning, organising and prioritising skills
- Able to demonstrate use of initiative and judgement to resolve problems
- Must have a full UK Driving Licence
Our excellent benefits package includes:
- Generous holiday allowance
- Company share scheme
- 2 paid volunteering days a year
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Employee assistance programme
Why Bouygues E&S Solutions?
Bouygues Energies & Services Solutions (BYES) is an international business operating in over 25 countries and employing over 13,500 people. The company is part of the Bouygues Group – a global brand employing over 130,000 people in 80 countries within the construction, engineering, civil works, energy services, telecommunications, and media sectors.
In the UK, Bouygues Energies & Services is a leading provider of facilities management (FM), energy services, highways, and complex engineering solutions across the public and private sectors.
Bouygues E&S Solutions is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We place a strong emphasis on continual development, both professional and interpersonal. Currently over 2% of the Company’s payroll is spent on Learning and Development activities. We have our own international and local training centres, delivering technical and management courses.
Bouygues Construction UK was awarded the Top Employers United Kingdom and Top Employers Europe certification. We are also proud to have been awarded Investors in People Gold, which demonstrates our commitment to our people.
Here at Bouygues we value the creativity and innovation that our diverse workforce brings, encouraging people from all backgrounds, particularly those from underrepresented communities to apply. By joining us, you will be inspired to bring your full self to the workplace, speak up and share your unique ideas. You will also have an opportunity to join our employee led diversity & inclusion communities such as WeLink (women network), Encompass (LGBTQ+), Kaleidoscope (BAME), Disability and Wellness peer support network, Parents and Carers network.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We value your privacy and we are committed to protecting your personal details. If you choose to apply for this role, please do not include any sensitive data on your CV which reveals (directly or indirectly); your race or ethnic origins, your political, philosophical or religious opinions, or your membership of a trade union, your social security number, or information which relates to your health or sexual orientation or to any criminal convictions.