At Tetra Pak we commit to making food safe and available, everywhere; and we protect what's good – protecting food, protecting people, and protecting the planet. By doing so we touch millions of people's lives every day. And we need people like you to make it happen.
Occupational Health and Safety Officer – UK & Ireland
We are looking to recruit an experienced Occupational Health and Safety Officer to proactively and passionately drive the Occupational Health and Safety agenda and champion Employee Wellbeing.
You will be responsible for OHS policy at local level, translating it into practice through client-focused procedures and in compliance with the relevant statutory frameworks and corporate standards. You will ensure that appropriate systems are in place. You will thrive for excellence through continuous improvement and collaborate across the OHS network globally. You will promote the Fair & Just culture and secure that we meet our vision of Zero Accidents and Work-Related Injuries. Your will cover all Tetra Pak sites in the UK and Ireland, currently including Dublin, High Wycombe and Windsor, as well as customer sites.
You will be based in our High Wycombe office in the UK whilst Tetra Pak offers flexible working. You will be required to travel approx. 10 to 20% of your time within the UK and Ireland.
What you will do:
As Occupational Health and Safety Officer, you will:
- Deliver the OHS strategy and operational plan and ensure the provision of clear, consistent, relevant and timely advice on all aspects of health, safety and wellbeing.
- Maintain a robust Health & Safety management system through the development, implementation, monitoring and reviewing of policies, procedures, processes, safe working practices and risk assessment to maintain legal compliance. You will closely work with the global OHS network to maintain corporate compliance too.
- Advise and support the Managing Director, legal responsible directors, Head of HR Country Service, senior management and line managers on organisational risk in respect of health, safety and wellbeing.
- Promote a positive safety culture and provide accurate and clear interpretation of Health & Safety legislation and best practice.
- Develop and deliver an annual Wellbeing Programme, promoting good mental and physical wellbeing across all parts of the business.
- Lead the Health & Safety Committee’s work across all legal entities in the UK and Ireland.
- Drive and participate in continuous improvements projects locally and globally.
- Closely collaborate with the OHS officers in other countries within the North Europe market area.
- Ensure that Tetra Pak activities conducted at customer sites are completed in accordance with Tetra Pak Group OHS Policy, Tetra Pak group OHS at customer sites manual and local legal requirements
- Plan, create and deliver OHS related training to the organization (including OHS induction).
- Ensure that an OHS training plan is in place to cover the significant risks on the sites and manage the governance of the training delivery in collaboration with the HR
- Service Centre and the external training broker company.
- Prohibit any activity from continuing that is considered a danger or a significant breach of OHS legislation
- Support managers with incidents and accidents analysis.
- Visit customer sites: site inspections, support teams in safety plan, adapt our risk assessments to reality
- Maintain a record of OHS incidents and monitor completion of follow up actions in compliance with group reporting requirements.
- Report and monitor KPI’s
- Risk assessments and audits, to assess the efficiency of our OHS programme. Participate in external and internal audits.
- Internal OHS and Wellbeing communication
- OHS budget management.
Who you are:
- Experienced, organised and proactive Health and Safety Officer with expert knowledge of statutory requirements, Codes of Practice and current legislation relating to Health and Safety management.
- A Chartered Member of IOSH or NEBOSH or hold relevant experience in a similar environment (matrixed multinational).
- Experience in employee wellbeing and mental health, maybe holding a relevant certificate or qualification.
- Great communication skills and the ability to operate effectively at all levels.
- Strong negotiation skills and you will be adept and organised to manage a varied workload.
- Confident collaborator but also efficient working on your own.
- Interpersonal skills are essential, and you will be an effective communicator, both verbally and in writing (fluent English is a must).
- The ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a diverse range of people and across boundaries is key to this role.
- Excellent computers skills and you hold a valid and clean driving license.
- Naturally inquiring and have a desire to learn and explore.
We offer you
- Variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global organisation
- Culture that pioneers a spirit of innovation where our engineering experts drive visible results
- Equal opportunity employment experience that values diversity and inclusion
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
If you are inspired to be part of our promise to protect what’s good; for food, people, and the planet, apply through our careers page at https://jobs.tetrapak.com/. Or click on the HSE Jobs apply now button.
This job posting expires on 30 July 2022.
- Tetra Pak is committed to protecting its employees, customers and you, our candidates. We are working towards completing all or most of the steps in the recruitment process for this position by virtual means and further information will be provided as part of the recruitment process.