Bouygues Energies & Services has a fantastic opportunity available for an M&E Site Supervisor / Black Hat to be based from the Hinkley Point C site in Bridgwater.
We have been awarded a Turn-key EPC contract for the Hinkley Point C (HPC) new-build nuclear power plant Emergency Diesel Generators. This is a great opportunity for a Site Supervisor to oversee the welding, mechanical and electrical equipment installation on this unique and exciting project.
Follow and supervise Construction activities. Plan and safely deliver the erection/installation element of the emergency diesel generator project on time and to budget. Assist with Care and Maintenance activities.
- Responsible for supervising Project site operations execution. Interface with Customer on site matters and working rules.
- Support the Care & Maintenance (C&M) Manager in the execution of C&M activities on stored and installed assets according to developed C&M plans and procedures.
- Manage the installation and set-up of the site compound and maintain a temporary works register in line with the NNB standard.
- Support the line management in developing site/assets management tools and execution documentation (RAMS, plans, procedures…)
- Act as Incident Controllers, Permit Holder for dedicated Site activities.
- Provide inputs to management to create a detailed erection/installation strategy and plan.
- Liaise with near-site customer warehousing and site compound prefab shop as needed.
- Ensure that the sub-contractors Health and Safety plan is followed with respect to NNB operational requirements in safety standards and the master construction phase plan.
- Manage the subcontracted installation teams for execution of activities.
- Ensure proper quality control as per the standards for Site Activities (procedure adherence, proper installation report such as FUD).
- Provide inputs for installation KPIs.
- Participate in Site weekly/daily meetings as needed.
- Promote and develop the site Nuclear Safety Culture.
- Fulfil specified and implied occupational Health & Safety responsibilities by adherence to the requirements of the Company's
- Health & Safety Policy and Health & Safety Management Plans.
The person will ideally have:
- Relevant qualifications and practical experience.
- Experience supervising construction sites.
- Experience in managing major M&E erection/installation projects.
- Knowledge of UK Regulations including nuclear site license.
- Practical knowledge of Quality / HSE and Security requirements and processes.
- Knowledge of general installation (including diesel engines and generators) and mechanical systems.
We rely on the experience and expertise of our people to help us deliver our projects. In addition to your technical expertise, we are looking for people who demonstrate our key values - Respect, Excellent, Courage, Integrity, Passion and Empowerment. We expect all staff to contribute towards our commitment to the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff and members of our supply chain.
In return, we offer a challenging and rewarding working environment, with the opportunity to work across a range of high-profile projects.
Why choose Bouygues? Why be one of our next generation?
- A blend of structured training and hands-on experience
- The opportunity to work on ambitious and complex projects alongside industry leading experts
- UK and worldwide opportunities
- Volunteering opportunities
Here at Bouygues we value the creativity and innovation that our diverse workforce brings, encouraging people from all backgrounds, particularly those from underrepresented communities to apply. By joining us, you will be inspired to bring your full self to the workplace, speak up and share your unique ideas. You will also have an opportunity to join our employee led diversity & inclusion communities such as WeLink (women network), Encompass (LGBTQ+), Kaleidoscope (BAME), Disability and Wellness peer support network, Parents and Carers network.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We value your privacy and we are committed to protecting your personal details. If you choose to apply for this role, please do not include any sensitive data on your CV which reveals (directly or indirectly); your race or ethnic origins, your political, philosophical or religious opinions, or your membership of a trade union, your social security number, or information which relates to your health or sexual orientation or to any criminal convictions.