About the job
The Health and Safety Advisor will offer expert knowledge and skills in order to generate and promote a positive health and safety culture. This represents a key role in helping to control occupational health and safety risk. To ensure Company Health and Safety standards are maintained and adhered to.
- Responsible for advising management on all safety legislation relevant to their areas of responsibilities.
- Promote a positive health and safety culture, to ensure that we always have a planned initiative plan in place
- To liaise closely with the CDM consultant to ensure the pre-construction information is in place to ensure the construction can proceed
- To engender a culture of openness to reporting to enable us to make this most of near miss reporting to drive out our continual improvement to our safety performance
- To help plan, implement, monitor and review the protective and preventative measures that the company are required or choose to follow, and to work to minimise operational losses, occupational health problems, accidents and injuries.
- Schedule and carry out site inspections and issue an appropriate Site Inspection
- Schedule and carry out formal management system and legal compliance review and issue appropriate audit report accordingly.
- Provide specialist Health, Safety and Environmental Management advice and assistance to site management teams as appropriate / requested.
- Make general recommendations with regard to possible system improvements based on observations and previous knowledge and experience.
- Keeping up to date with any new legislation.
- Analysis of accidents and incidents and producing statistics for managers as requested.
- To assist in carrying health and safety induction, training and toolbox talks.
- Assisting in the development safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards.
- Ensure that the Health and Safety Information is provided to other contractors on site.
- Provision of First Aid Equipment and information.
- Updating of training and qualification files for both Axione UK and Subcontractor personnel
- To inspect and monitor statutory reports, certificates and training certificates
- To liaise with Local Authorities and other statutory bodies as required
- Comply with Company Policies and Procedures
- To follow the Company`s Equalities Policies in relation to other staff, customers and members of the Group, at a level appropriate to the post
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, the job holder may be required to perform other duties assigned by their line manager from time to time, outside the normal sphere of work as may be reasonably requested
The job holder will be required to undertake such flexible and additional working hours as may be necessary, within reason, to facilitate the efficient fulfilment of the duties required by position.
- Relevant construction experience. Where the following should have been covered:
- Providing high level advice and guidance on organizational health, safety and fire matters, legislation and safe working practices to executive board level
- Investigating accidents and incidents and producing reports
- Producing competent succinct management reports
- Liaising with Health and Safety Executive
- Developing procedure for risk control
- Establishing organizational forums for the effective management, communication and dissemination of relevant health and safety information relating to all issues
- Training delivery skills and experience
- To have good IT (Excel) skills
- Excellent communication skills
- SMSTS Certificate
- Masters level in relevant health and safety discipline
- First Aid trained
Why choose us?
Part of the Bouygues Energies & Services group, Axione is a global player in the telecommunications infrastructure sector based on the drive to digitally develop local areas.
A leading player in France`s very high speed broadband strategy, Axione designs, builds, finances and operates new-generation digital infrastructure (FTTP/FTTH) for its own projects, local authorities and for Internet Service Provider.
We are currently extending our expertise in the United Kingdom.
Axione UK will focus on managing:
- the build of Axione`s network in the UK
- the sourcing and management of its local supply chain
- elements of the support and operation of the network, and
- the exploitation of its network in the UK