Job type: Permanent
Based at Service Headquarters, Clyst St George Exeter
37 hours per week-Flexible Working Scheme
Salary Grade 6 or equivalent (£30,507 - £32,878) starting salary £30,507 per annum
Closing date for applications is 5th January 2020.
The anticipated selection process will take place on 22nd January 2020
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Health and Safety Officer to join our Health and Safety team. You will contribute to the effective and efficient operation of the Health, Safety and Welfare provision by ensuring:
- The Service complies with its statutory health and safety duties.
- All Staff, both Uniformed and Non-uniformed, are able to be healthy and safe at work when undertaking their various spheres of duties
- Formulation and provision of health, safety and welfare policies, processes and regular review of same in line with the services Core Values and to contribute to Service’s journey to excellence
- Keeping abreast of changes in UK and European legislation to ensure organisational compliance and to develop best practice
- Research and analysis of all issues affecting health and safety within the Service
Applicants must have experience of working within a Health & Safety environment at an operational level as well as being able to apply the principles of Risk Assessment, ‘safe person’ concept and dynamic and systematic risk assessment.
It is essential that the person appointed holds the NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent and can apply high level problem solving, statistical analysis and general analytical skills. In addition to having the ability to communicate and liaise effectively with all levels of the Service including middle managers as well as with external stakeholders.
For an informal discussion, please contact Health and Safety Manager Chris Elliott or Group Manager Mark Andrews on 01392 872200.
To apply please click the apply now button or visit our website www.dsfire.gov.uk and click on the “Working for Us” and “Vacancies” tab.
Applicants are reminded to address the 15 highlighted criteria in Bold and Underlined of the Person Specification when completing the Application form, as this will provide the basis for shortlisting.
For internal applicants, please ensure your line manager is aware of your application.
We are also committed to equality of opportunity and diversity in employment. We welcome applications from all sectors of the community and we aim to recruit a diverse workforce that reflects the people we serve.