Bouygues E&S are seeking to appoint a Health & Safety Manager for an Energy from Waste site in Hoddesdon.
- Work with the leadership team of the plant to comply with statutory legislation and Bouygues specific requirements that are over and above industry norms.
- Monitor and drive compliance and best practice across the plant
- Ensure management by the relevant parties of the Company`s Health and Safety performance relating to all activities and management on site.
- Champion and assist in the implementation of Electricity Supply Industry standard Safety Rules and Safe Systems of Work relating to all site activities.
- Drive compliance by the operational leadership team of Bouygues policy and procedures
- Develop and implement with the assistance of operational leads a suite of minimum standards that must be communicated to all relevant parties ,-
- Develop with operations an intervention tool (similar to S&G) that will be understood and owned by all workers at the project
- Assist in the development and delivery of best practice site procedures (SOPRA) and management systems, in Compliance with all relevant Health and Safety Legislation, Bouygues standards, and Industry Best Practice
- Act as a focus for all Site Health and Safety issues, liaising closely with central Bouygues HSQE teams to ensure best practice.
- Have regular communication with the Director of Health and Safety, Plant Manager, and operations and technical staff regarding ongoing Safety and Environmental controls, ensuring all personnel are provided with relevant data and information within agreed timescales.
- Provide Health and Safety leadership and support during planned and unplanned plant outages; taking a proactive role in monitoring contractor Health and Safety arrangements, and performance against site Safety Rules and Safe System of Work requirements.
- Actively participate in the construction and review process for site RAMS (Risk Assessments and Method Statements) and SOPRAs (Safe Operating Procedure/Risk Assessment)
Desirable & Essential Criteria:
- Have extensive knowledge of the technical aspects of waste management
- Have thorough understanding of environmental regulation to include permitting, licensing etc.
- Have knowledge of the relevant management standards OHSAS18001, ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO50001
- Have knowledge of environmental databases and analysis software
- Have knowledge and understanding of health and safety legislation and best practice
- Have knowledge of Continuous Emission Monitoring (CEMS) systems
- Have high computer literate skills with the ability to interpret and collate environmental data
- Have attention to detail
- Be a team player
- Have strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Have the ability to work collaboratively at all levels and adding value to the decision making process
- Have analytical skills with a clear thought process and high level of accuracy.
- Have excellent written and oral skills: able to communicate and engage effectively all levels.
- Be self-motivated with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Degree qualified in a related Engineering or Chemistry discipline.
- Understanding of power generation or process technology.
- Experience of and technical qualifications relating to process plant operation and/or maintenance.
- Technical knowledge and/ or experience relating to an engineering discipline.
- Experience of electricity supply industry Safety Rules and Safe Systems of Work. - Experience of steam powered electricity generation.
- Experience of Energy from Waste Operations/Maintenance
Together with our partners and clients, Bouygues E&S delivers award-winning construction, development and regeneration projects to the most exacting standards across public and commercial private sectors.
Bouygues E&S is part of the Bouygues Group, a diverse global business which operates in the construction, engineering, energy, media and telecommunications markets.
With annual sales of over €32 billion and operations in over 100 countries, the financial strength of our group is a key differentiator in these challenging economic times.