Mayflower Theatre, which opened in 1986 and operates in a Grade II listed building build in 1928, is the largest theatre on the south coast and is a charitable trust. Musicals, opera, dance, theatre, ballet, and comedy are among the magnificent touring productions we present.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to join our busy and friendly team and become part of our continued success. With a wide range of shows incorporating most genres of live entertainment performed on our stage, this role is varied and would be suitable for a candidate with broad Health, Safety and Environmental experience in a similar position. This role is also part of our Leadership Team.
In particular, you will:
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and regulations
- Implement, monitor, and advise on strategic Health, Safety and Environmental management systems
- Develop, co-ordinate, implement and monitor safe working systems and processes
- Promote a positive Health, Safety and Environmental culture
- Develop and implement training plans which ensure all employees and Directors receive training necessary to ensure compliance.
- Manage, develop, and implement continual improvement practices and ensure that areas of responsibility operate in a manner that accord with appropriate statutory
- guidance and our procedures and values.
- Ensure that data with regards to Health & Safety performance is effectively captured and analysed to enable improvement plans to be developed
- Provide support and guidance on technical, legal, and other issues as required.
- Highlight areas where poor practice and/or significant risk have occurred and prepare, in conjunction with line managers, remedial plans.
Our ideal applicant will have:
- Proven health, safety, and environmental experience within a similar environment, such as hospitality, property, or media
- NCRQ Diploma in Applied Health and Safety / NEBOSH National Diploma (or equivalent) – Exceptional candidates with a NCRQ Certificate in Applied Health and Safety / NEBOSH National General Certificate with a minimum of two years’
- experience in a Health and Safety Management / Advisor role may be considered on the proviso that they will commit to successfully completing a Diploma level qualification within two years
- IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management or NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate (desirable but not essential)
- Excellent communications skills with proven experience of engaging with a range of stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health, safety, and environmental legislation
Salary between £35,000 and £37,000 per annum (depending on experience) plus benefits. Hours are 37.5, five days per week.
Some unsociable hours may be required in line with the needs of the operation, which may include evenings, weekends, or nights
Your First 6 Months
Through a combination of on-the-job training and self-directed learning, you will learn about our approach to working with others and carrying out your responsibilities throughout your first three months. If you request one, you will be paired with a buddy.
You will be introduced to the Leadership team and their departments within the organisation within the first six weeks. Your experience and talents will enable you to collaborate well with your new team and guide you through the hurdles you will face along the way
Interviews will be held at Mayflower Theatre.
Full details including job descriptions can be found at https://www.mayflower.org.uk/aboutus/careers/
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the HR Team either by email to the above address or on 02380 711800.
Working for Mayflower Theatre
We are committed to providing an accessible recruitment process for all candidates so please see our website for more details