An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Health & Safety and Compliance Manager to join our established, accredited and award-winning Fuel Storage solutions and services company.
Based in Bronte Country in Bradford, with some UK travel required, offering a salary of circa £30,000 per annum + benefits, including Pension, Life Assurance, Health Cash Plan and on-site parking. Full-time, 37.5 hrs per week.
A newly created role within a quality and safety critical industry, this is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to work across the company to lead on all H&S and compliance matters. You will maintain and develop best practices and procedures across the business, ensuring they are fit for purpose as the business grows with a focus on continuous improvement, and supporting the team in delivering excellence across all aspects of implementation.
Your attitude is as critical as your expertise; you will be a self-starter, who is a great team-player, with enough knowledge and experience to identify and address potential issues, and the pragmatism and humility to know when to seek further expert advice.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Ensuring all Health and Safety and compliance (including ethical, environmental and data protection) policies and procedures are fit for purpose and adapted as required, identifying and implementing opportunities for continuous improvement
- Developing audits, processes and systems to evidence full compliance, promoting health and safety, employee welfare, and safe and compliant working practices across all working environments.
- Liaising with Health and Safety, HR and other 3rd party advisers to ensure legal and best practice guidance and materials are effectively implemented.
- Developing excellent team relations, assisting and guiding team members with H&S and compliance queries and issues, including any site specific matters.
- Developing, reviewing and conducting RAMS as required, as well as ensuring completion of any pre and post project documentation and site/task specific or person specific requirements such as display screen equipment, manual handling, lone working.
- Conducting/procuring relevant health and safety training and/or certification for team members, including induction training, first aid and fire safety and any client or legal stipulations.
- Completing and maintaining all H&S and compliance administration requirements.
- Undertaking on-site inspections and compliance audits as agreed with the Director team, liaising with clients and external bodies.
- Investigation of accidents/incidents, completing RIDDOR reports and identifying opportunities for improvement to prevent any recurrence.
- Ensuring full compliance with all H&S requirements in the company’s head office, conducting and recording all routine tests as required.
- Completing and maintain CoSHH assessments, health and safety and site/client specific files.
- Ensuring compliance across the supply chain, encompassing suppliers and sub- contractors.
- Support with completion of HR/people management processes and procedures as required
- Developing and implementing H&S, HR and compliance reporting as agreed with the Director team, including analysis and implementation of any controls or initiatives to drive continuous improvements.
To be successful in the role you will have a strong team ethic with a desire to grow with the business, and essential skills and experience are:
- Qualification in occupational health and safety such as NVQ, IOSH, BSC, NEBOSH general or national diploma
- Good understanding of legislation and management systems
- Experience of working in a similar industry such as engineering or construction
- Experience with compliance accreditations such as ISO
- Strong IT skills including MS office
- An excellent communicator at all levels of the business, and across spectrum of clients, with the ability to communicate clearly and confidently with a range of people, both on the phone and face-to-face.
- Good level of knowledge of GDPR legislation
- Appreciation and application of confidentiality and discretion.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills with attention to detail and a methodical approach.
- Resilient under pressure
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work productively independently