Field based role with a car
The role is covering the Southern region of the UK
There's no feeling quite like uniting tech lovers everywhere and we get to do it every single day. Connecting our people, our customers and our partners. We're a team of 41,000 colleagues working across nine countries to deliver excellence. Be part of framing the future with us. You'll certainly feel proud when you see what you can achieve here.
You will be responsible for promoting positive Health and Safety best practice throughout all DixonsCarphone activities, ensuring that guidance and instruction is prepared, issued and implemented consistently throughout all operations.
The role of the Health and Safety advisor includes internal compliance and auditing of Health, Safety and Environmental standards and legislative requirements and minimising the risk to colleagues and the Company’s exposure to claims.
You must also be capable of challenging, influencing and effectively managing relationship whilst demonstrating a passion for health and safety.
As part of this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Work with and develop Health, Safety and Environmental procedures and guidance in order to minimise risk of non-compliance to legislative and company standards and Approved Code of Practise (ACOP) ensuring that colleagues, plant and property and the general public are protected from the risk of personal injury / damage at all times.
- Identify and monitor measures necessary to comply with Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and ACOP and carry out regular planned Safety Inspections and other Health, Safety and Environmental audits. Ensure that all remedial recommendations are implemented.
- Facilitate Health and Safety team meetings across the Network with a view to reducing high risks and engaging the workforce in health and safety. Prepare analysis reports for safety team meeting.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements are met throughout the Network, eg, Risk Assessment, Environment Impact Assessments, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH), Reporting of injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR), Display Screen Equipment (DSE) etc.
- Ensure all incidents are fully investigated and details recorded.
- Update and maintain the Health and Safety management system.
- Assist in delivery of key audit actions and support projects associated with improvement of occupational health and safety on campus.
You will need:
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Pragmatic, strategic and tactical with flare for creative thinking
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- Experience of working as a Health and safety team
- IOSH, IEMA. Knowledge of risk assessment
Beyond that, we'll be with you every step of the way, enabling you to get the most out of your role. Training plans are a given, and you'll have access to additional e-learning resources to really see your career develop in the way you want. We're building a team that brings technology to people, making their lives better, easier and fuller, and you can be part of it.