We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Health & Safety Manager to join our Facilities Management team in London. The successful candidate will take a lead role in providing operational H&S advice and best practice to attain a sustainable continual improvement in our H&S performance across a number of FM contracts, mainly located in Central London.
The main duties and responsibilities of the Health & Safety Manager will include:
- Attend planning meetings where required to ensure that HSE arrangements are appropriately considered and integrated into the plan of works
- Assist the Project Management team in effective regular HSE communication and consultation with the workforce
- Support a culture of open hazard and near miss reporting through engagement with management and operatives and provide advice for positive action and feedback
- Ensuring that incidents/accidents and dangerous occurrences are investigated to identify root cause and that appropriate remedial action is taken to prevent recurrence
- Advise the BYES team on the completion of the monthly SafeSite performance indicators and that there is a strategy to improve scores month on month
- Support the workforce safety representatives and the safety committee to share best practice across the contracts/projects and to ensure that any lessons learnt are implemented
- Undertake regular site Health and Safety Inspections to support the Operational team to support the safe continuance of their activities
- Raise non-conformances or system activity deviations where required to ensure continued compliance with the company H&S Policies and Procedures
- Provide advice for the production of risk assessments and suitable risk controls for the work undertaken
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience, and qualifications:
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally within Facilities Management, Construction or Infrastructure environment
- A qualification to NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety & Health or equivalent standard. Membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) or equivalent recognisable professional organisation
- Clear and persuasive communication skills with the ability to influence others effectively at all levels
- Professional and enthusiastic approach with the ability to work using their initiative and to given deadlines
- Ability to build positive relationships with both internal and external clients
- Ability to use electronic information systems and databases
- Thorough knowledge of occupational H&S legislation, International and British standards and best practice
- The successful candidate will be required to complete Security Clearance and DBS checks
Why Bouygues E&S Solutions?
Bouygues Energies & Services Solutions (BYES) is an international business operating in over 25 countries and employing over 13,500 people. The company is part of the Bouygues Group – a global brand employing over 130,000 people in 80 countries within the construction, engineering, civil works, energy services, telecommunications, and media sectors.
In the UK, Bouygues Energies & Services is a leading provider of facilities management (FM), energy services, highways, and complex engineering solutions across the public and private sectors.
We place a strong emphasis on continual development, both professional and interpersonal. Currently over 2% of the Company’s payroll is spent on Learning and Development activities. We have our own international and local training centres, delivering technical and management courses.
Here at Bouygues we value the creativity and innovation that our diverse workforce brings, encouraging people from all backgrounds, particularly those from underrepresented communities to apply. By joining us, you will be inspired to bring your full self to the workplace, speak up and share your unique ideas. You will also have an opportunity to join our employee led diversity & inclusion communities such as WeLink (women network), Encompass (LGBTQ+), Kaleidoscope (BAME), Disability and Wellness peer support network, Parents and Carers network.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We value your privacy and we are committed to protecting your personal details. If you choose to apply for this role, please do not include any sensitive data on your CV which reveals (directly or indirectly): your race or ethnic origins, your political, philosophical or religious opinions, or your membership of a trade union, your social security number, or information which relates to your health or sexual orientation or to any criminal convictions
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Generous holiday allowance
- Company share scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Employee assistance programme