Powell & Co started in 1998 by experienced agricultural building constructors and father and son team, Don and Jason Powell. Today with over 60 years’ experience between them, Powell’s is one of the UK’s leading manufacturers of Agricultural Buildings, with an enviable reputation for first class quality, after sales care and service. Today Powell’s is still a family run business.
Health & Safety Manager Required
Due to expansion of the Company, we have a new vacancy for a Health & Safety Manager, located at our Kingsland site, reporting to our Operations Director.
Competitive rates of pay / Pension Scheme / Company Vehicle
Hours: Office hours are 8am to 5pm but flexible hours when visiting sites. Some overnight stays in hotels are required.
- Overall responsibility for implementing, maintaining and managing Health & Safety across the organisation
- Develop, train and mentor team leaders and members into taking ownership of Health & Safety
- To provide expert advice in Health & Safety within live construction sites across the country
- Conduct live site audit checks, risk assessments and inspections
- Support by updating the management system regularly and keeping all records up to date
- Responsible for maintaining all training needs analysis and matrix with regards to plant, machine workshop competencies
- Ensure the business is compliant with all legislation regarding Health & Safety
Key Skills Required:
- Relevant experience / NEBOSH (desirable but not essential)
- Strong communicator and confident to influence others
- Managing relationships
- IT Literate
- Problem Solving / quick decision maker that uses initiative to solve an issue
- UK Driving Licence is essential
Title: Health and Safety Manager
Location: Kingsland site