Our client is one of the country’s leading construction companies, they deliver award winning construction, development and regeneration projects to the most exacting standards across public and commercial
An exciting opportunity has a arisen for an experienced Health and Safety manager to join them working on one of the UK’s most cutting edge technically challenging construction projects.
You will be responsible for the management and coordination of the project in respect of health, safety and the environment by ensuring full compliance with the Employers standards, UK/EU Legislation, ACOP`s and providing advice and guidance to the project team to meet the requirements of the contract.
- Ensure the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management on the project.
- Liaise with external third party management system certification bodies, ensuring an ongoing good relationship and the best cost effective solutions re: certifications.
- Supporting the project team in creating, updating and implementing the construction phase health and safety plan including all supporting document in relation to fire, traffic, OH etc.
- Supporting the project team in creating, updating and implementing the Project Environmental Management Plan including the Site Waste Management plan.
- Actively promote a strong health and safety culture.
- Liaise with local authority and central government, statutory enforcement agencies.
- Ensure COSHH assessments for all hazardous substances brought onto site are maintained as part of the COSHH stock inventory.
- To ensure all staff and sub contractors have taken appropriate inductions in line with the Principal contractor and site requirements.
- Undertake routine monitoring of the work place (inspections / audits).
- Lead and run the monthly project HSE meetings.
- Record data and report against agreed KPI`s
- Participate in the monthly SHE consultation meetings and regular supply chain briefings.
- Work with and report to the Business unit Health and Safety Lead
- Report to the Business Unit Health and Safety Lead and Project team on any accidents or incidents involving Health or Safety.
- Develop and ensure the effective implementation of business H&S improvement plan.
- Develop the management system to a standard that meets legal compliance and, SO14001: 2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007, including processes that create ongoing continuous improvement.
- Establish and maintain arrangements for the project to be kept up to date with changes in legislation and best practise.
- Demonstrate continued commitment to develop as a professional in the fields of H&S.
Previous experience within the construction industry.