EDP have several Health and Safety Consultancy roles available as we grow our client services teams. Roles are available in a number of locations including London and the South East, East and West Midlands and the M62 corridor.
We’re looking for experienced Health & Safety Consultants to join our Project Services Team delivering Health, Safety and Environmental consultancy support to a variety of clients in the UK and beyond.
The roles will involve national (and potentially international) travel with an emphasis on work in in London and the south east. The successful candidate will work in a variety of sectors on both long term (+12 month) projects and also short term pieces of work.
The workload will be varied and will involve engagement with client businesses at all levels from operations to board level. Working with single site companies through to multi-national businesses, the person will be expected to deliver high standards of work at all times and contribute as an effective team member in larger projects involving multiple team members.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the output of their own work and will take a role in further developing the systems and processes in place within EDP to ensure that projects are effectively delivered through to completion.
- Deliver effective consulting projects through to successful conclusion
- Develop EDP’s existing products and processes to ensure continual improvement in EDP’s client-facing performance
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Partner with customers to understand their HSE needs and objectives
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through involvement in proposals and presentations
- 4 + years of successful operation within the HSE sector, consistently meeting client expectations
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive level
- Proven ability to drive clients towards improved EHS performance
- Proven people management skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Demonstrable experience in developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Full UK driving licence
Experience and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 4 + years of working in an EHS services or EHS consultancy environment
- Graduate IOSH membership status with up to date CPD
- Practitioner IEMA membership status
- EHS auditor qualifications – ideally lead auditor status
- Experience of the implementation of OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 in a multi-site business
- Experience of delivering risk assessments and compliance auditing across multi-site businesses
- Experience of delivering fire risk assessments across multi-site businesses
- Excellent project management skills, with particular emphasis on effectively identifying client needs and articulating them successfully within project plans
- Experience of working within a multi-stakeholder environment where competing needs must be managed effectively in order to deliver results
- Experience of working in an environment where commercial performance targets are part of the workload
- Ability to effectively and concisely communicate regulatory and best practice requirements to personnel at all levels within client companies
Hours of Work:
- Monday to Friday 09:00 – 5.30
- Home-based role with travel to our clients
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Private healthcare
- Death in service benefit.
EDP is a growing national and international provider of Health, Safety, Environment, Sustainability and Security services to a loyal and diverse client base. Example clients include:
- London Stock Exchange Group
- The Crown Estate
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- The British Museum
- London Business School
- UCB Pharma
- Stena Line
- Universal Music Group
- Electronic Arts
- University of Edinburgh
EDP’s business model has developed to enable us to serve clients of all sizes in many sectors and we leverage a strong core of consultative and technical experience supplemented by a number of strategic partners.
EDP’s core expertise lies in Health, Safety and Environment Compliance, incorporating:
- Governance and Leadership,
- Risk Assessment,
- Safety and Environmental Management System Development,
- Implementation and Certification,
- Workstation Risk Management,
- Behavioural Safety and Cultural Change.
Applicants need to be based in the UK or have existing rights to work in the UK to be considered for this position.