Excellent opportunity for an ambitious health and safety professional, looking to inspire people and businesses to work safely and sustainably.
Who are we?
SSG Training and Consultancy provides health, safety, environmental and HR services to a wide range of organisations, across a variety of industry sectors including construction and allied services, manufacturing, retail, energy, agriculture, tourism, food and catering, education, events and facilities management.
This position is based out of our head office at Plymouth and will require some travel throughout the South West and potentially nationwide, balanced with a degree of homeworking.
The role involves:
- visiting client premises and sites – reviewing existing health and safety procedures, risk assessments, documentation, training and reporting on findings
- conducting gap analyses - identifying areas where improvements are required and recommending appropriate and proportionate remedial actions
- undertaking training across a broad range of industry-accredited awarding bodies, as well as SSG certified courses
We are looking for someone who:
- is a Chartered Safety and Health Practitioner – CMIOSH (or working towards)
- has a broad experience and the ability to provide practical health and safety solutions to our Clients across a range of industries
- enjoys inspiring Clients and delivering both training and consultancy
- has excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- is highly motivated with a desire to assist in business development and provide a superior customer service experience
- sets and attains high personal and professional standards
- enjoys being a part of a successful team of like-minded people
Additionally beneficial but non-essential experience in:
- Fire Safety
- ISO 9001, 14001, 45001
- Construction – site safety inspections, temporary works
- Mental Health
- Health and Wellbeing
If you would like to work in an environment where you will play an important role in the continuing development of a forward thinking and successful company then we would like to hear from you. Alternatively, you may be interested in joining our nationwide network of associates. Please forward your CV with a covering letter detailing your expected remuneration.