Location: St. Andrew's Stadium, Cattell Road, Birmingham, West Midlands, B9 4RL
Hours of Work: Hours are set to meet the needs of the business but are a minimum of 37.5 hours per week
To support the operations department in the delivery of all facilities management services and processes that support the safe operation of the club’s facilities at both the stadium and the training ground. To provide health and safety focus to the Company, and to work with the operations teams to improve the company’s current health and safety systems, and to work closely with the site teams to bring improvement and change. To be responsible for all strategic guidance to the Board on all Health, Safety and Environmental matters. You will be accountable for all measurement, management and implementation of our Health, Safety and Environmental Policies, setting and ensuring the highest standards of health & safety and the operational environment for the clubs’ supporters, employees and partners.
FACILITIES MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
- To co-ordinate and manage the day-to-day operational delivery of the facilities management services in relation to building & site maintenance, health & safety advice and security management.
- Line manage the maintenance department and supervise all relevant contractors.
- Create a suitable environment for the purpose and needs of the facilities.
- Use best business practices to manage and reduce operational costs.
- Create a budget for various facility needs and expenses.
- Obtain and compare costs for various services and goods before choosing the best options for the relevant facility.
- Manage the maintenance of the building by performing repairs or contracting maintenance services as needed.
- Track building upkeep as well as anticipated long- and short-term improvements and maintenance.
- Keep the surrounding grounds properly cared for and landscaped.
- Respond to emergency situations or other urgent issues involving the facility.
- Plan and coordinate all installations (telecommunications, heat, electricity etc.) and refurbishments.
- Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards.
- Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations.
- Review utilities consumption and strive to minimise costs.
- In conjunction with the Operations Manager, manage all relevant service contracts.
- Liaise with the Operations Manager to schedule statutory inspections and record archive documentation.
- Keep relevant financial and non-financial records.
- Perform analysis and forecasting.
HEALTH AND SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To support the development of a strong Health and Safety focused culture across the Club and promote good safety behaviours
- To have extensive knowledge in Health and Safety legislation and best practice to assist with compliance and continuous improvement of Health and Safety practices at the club.
- To support the development of measurement systems to ensure that Health and Safety performance are accurately monitored.
- To liaise with employees, subcontractors and suppliers on Health and Safety matters as required.
- To identify possible operational risks or opportunities, and work with operational teams to ensure an appropriate and effective response.
- To support the development of briefing and communication strategies to ensure that the Health and Safety plan and important information is understood and operated by all employees and subcontractors.
- Working closely with all departments to ensure the organisation's H&S strategy is implemented successfully.
- Bringing new and creative thinking to the business whilst still maintaining exceptional H&S standards.
- Communicating positive H&S performance effectively to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Engaging across the sites, implementing health and safety policies and procedures, and ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation.
- Conducting training, toolbox talks, inductions and investigating incidents where required.
- To support the HR team with any occupational health issues.
- Reviewing the production of risk assessments and method statements and answering any health and safety related queries.
- Undertaking audits and inspections of the site, identifying areas for improvement, and reporting on the findings.
- A minimum of 4 years proven experience as Facilities Manager/H&S Manager or relevant position.
- NEBOSH Diploma and other relevant H&S qualifications.
- BSc/BA in facilities management/safety management or relevant field or equivalent.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational, leadership and motivational skills.
- Good analytical/critical thinking skills.
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines.
- Ability to produce reports and develop relevant policies.
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment.
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of CDM/Asbestos/Working at height.
- IT literate.
- Influence and persuading skills.
- Drive and enthusiasm with the ability to promote a positive Health and Safety culture.
- Commitment to continuous personal, professional development.
- Able to work under pressure and deliver results to tight deadlines.
- A flexible attitude to working.
Terms of Appointment
- 37.5 hours per week.
- 20 days annual leave (rising by 1 day per completed year of service, up to a maximum of 25 days, plus 8 statutory bank holidays).
- 6-month probation period.
- Flexibility with working hours required to meet demands of the role.
- Full driving license
Only applicants that meet the above criteria will be considered for the role. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Birmingham City F C is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the Community.