Sodexo Energy Division seeks a qualified Environmental Services Custodial Manager
with experience managing night time custodial and janitorial teams in a union setting. This position is for a large Oil & Gas client. This position will act in an Operation Supervisor for janitorial to support daily operations of the service contract of?Sodexo at an office campus in San Ramon, CA.
This management position is part of a team that supports the client?s site-specific needs.Duties & responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Directs night time custodial operations to ensure employees have appropriate equipment and resources to perform their jobs and meet goals and deadlines.
- Ensures housekeeping and custodial service activities are performed according to standards and contractual requirements.
- Probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards.
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations, as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. quality assurance, safety, operations, personnel).
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by ensuring equipment safety and compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and by providing safety-related training and equipment inventory and maintenance.
- Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to employees.
- Manages the budget by controlling costs (e.g. labor, inventory, equipment, materials), complying with budget requirements and making adjustments when necessary
- Plan, organize, direct, coordinate, and supervise functions and activities of the department.
- Establish and maintain effective lines of communication with the Account Manager to anticipate the needs and requirements as related to the facility management contract are being satisfied.
- Hold employees accountable when necessary according to progressive disciplinary guidelines.
- Assist with the extra work projects done on Saturdays and Sundays as needed
Provides management oversight for Environmental Services non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service Programs. Ensures Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place as required to consistently meet all company, client, and regulatory requirements. Responsible for non-exempt work force planning through effective scheduling, development of daily work flow assignments, training and development, and monitoring for compliance to the plan.Key Duties-Establishes a safe work environment for clients, customers and staff by ensuring equipment safety and compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and by providing safety-related training and equipment inventory maintenance.-Provide leadership and direction to non-exempt employees-Coordinate/conduct employee training-Administer Human Resource processes (hiring, performance reviews, constructive counseling, prepare work schedules, payroll, etc.)-Interact with outside vendors-Ensure Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place and consistently met.-Develop/implement action plans for improvement in compliance with Sodexo Operating Standards as identified. -Reviews and maintains assigned areas of the Sodexo/Client budget commitments.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalentSodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.