Unit Description Want to help drive operational excellence in Miami, FL?We are looking for a dynamic
?Environmental Services/Custodial Manager 2?
for Hialeah Hospital
, located in Miami, FL.
?Hialeah Hospital is a 371-bed acute care medical-surgical facility in Hialeah, FL that houses a Women's health area, Level II NICU, and robotic surgery capabilities onsite.?
The successful candidate will support 2nd shift
and must have?extensive Environmental Services, Housekeeping and/or Custodial Management experience in a health care/hospital environment and successful work history leading others. Ability to speak Spanish would assist in managing this workforce.? Should be flexible to work some weekends/holidays. JCAHO experience is preferred. We are seeking self-starters with excellent customer service, communication and relationship building skills. Sodexo experience is a plus.
Our Health Care Environmental Services/Housekeeping teams work to direct housekeeping operations at health care client locations, partnering with them to deliver innovative solutions and clean, sterile environments. These teams also have responsibility for driving client satisfaction by providing stellar customer service via effective communication with all levels of hospital staff, as well as follow-through with action items that impact both client and patient satisfaction.
?Are you the experienced Environmental Services/Housekeeping Manager we?re seeking?
We are looking for a candidate who:
- is a leader who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in service and the technical execution of a health care housekeeping system;
- has in-depth knowledge of Sodexo ES systems and processes including TRAKKAR, UOS, Gold Check, ENGAGE and black light inspections;
- possesses strong leadership skills and can work independently to drive program compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
- has 1-2 years previous custodial or housekeeping management experience in a hospital or healthcare environment;
- can analyze data, present and effectively communicate to all levels within the organization related to training, leading hospital committees and change management;
- has experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines;
- has experience improving patient satisfaction, and driving full compliance to HCAHPS, local, state and Joint Commission standards;
- is proficient with computers and other technology;
- has experience with vendor and contract management;
- has strong financial acumen and budget management experience
- Responsible for driving client and patient satisfaction scores
- Provides a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff
- Works with the Environment of Care Committee and Infection Prevention Director
- Effectively manages the Unit Operating System
- Supports a diverse and inclusive workforce
?Careers in Healthcare:
Working for Sodexo in Healthcare allows you to offer patients, healthcare professionals and caregivers the best healthcare experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo?s unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
Sodexo offers you a competitive salary, paid training, extensive education and continuous learning opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package designed with work-life balance in mind that includes 3 weeks of vacation during the first year of employment.
Provides management oversight for Environmental Services non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service Programs. Ensures Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place as required to consistently meet all company, client, and regulatory requirements. Responsible for non-exempt work force planning through effective scheduling, development of daily work flow assignments, training and development, and monitoring for compliance to the plan.
Key Duties-Establishes a safe work environment for clients, customers and staff by ensuring equipment safety and compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and by providing safety-related training and equipment inventory maintenance.
-Provide leadership and direction to non-exempt employees-Coordinate/conduct employee training-Administer Human Resource processes (hiring, performance reviews, constructive counseling, prepare work schedules, payroll, etc.)-Interact with outside vendors-Ensure Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place and consistently met.-Develop/implement action plans for improvement in compliance with Sodexo Operating Standards as identified. -Reviews and maintains assigned areas of the Sodexo/Client budget commitments
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree?
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.