Bouygues Energies and Services currently has an exciting new position for a Security Officer to join our security team supporting a high security government building based in Birmingham.
- Reporting to the Security Manager
- To work with colleagues within a 24 hour, 365 days a year operation
- To ensure the site is safe and secure for all occupants, visitors and contracts in and around the building
- Ensure access control and visitor monitoring is complied with, challenging unidentified / unescorted visitors
- Carry out searches of vehicles, bags etc. as and when required
- To guard and patrol buildings in accordance with assignment instructions
- Operation of security related equipment required i.e. radio mobile phones
- Respond to security alerts and emergencies in accordance with procedures
- Maintain accurate records for all incidents
- Assist when audits are required, carrying out drills and exercises when necessary
- To escort visitors as and when necessary
- Fulfil all health and safety responsibilities that accompany the role and Company requirements
- Working a total of 60 hours, 5 days per week, 12 hours per shift on a rotating shift pattern of days, nights and weekends so flexibility required
- SIA licence essential; CCTV licence desirable
- Previous experience of corporate security including front of house, control room systems, CCTV, alarms and monitoring essential
- Effective communication essential to ensure handover between shifts
- Must be client focused and able to represent the Company in a professional manner at all times
- Good time management skills
- Employment in this post is dependent upon obtaining government security clearance; this requires 3 years’ residency in the UK and a valid passport OR equivalent
Our excellent benefits package includes:
- Generous holiday allowance
- Company share scheme
- 2 paid volunteering days a year
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Employee assistance programme
Why Bouygues E&S Solutions?
Bouygues Energies & Services Solutions (BYES) is an international business operating in over 25 countries and employing over 13,500 people. The company is part of the Bouygues Group – a global brand employing over 130,000 people in 80 countries within the construction, engineering, civil works, energy services, telecommunications, and media sectors.
In the UK, Bouygues Energies & Services is a leading provider of facilities management (FM), energy services, highways, and complex engineering solutions across the public and private sectors.
Bouygues E&S Solutions is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We place a strong emphasis on continual development, both professional and interpersonal. Currently over 2% of the Company’s payroll is spent on Learning and Development activities. We have our own international and local training centres, delivering technical and management courses.
Bouygues Construction UK was awarded the Top Employers United Kingdom and Top Employers Europe certification. We are also proud to have been awarded Investors in People Gold, which demonstrates our commitment to our people.
Here at Bouygues we value the creativity and innovation that our diverse workforce brings, encouraging people from all backgrounds, particularly those from underrepresented communities to apply. By joining us, you will be inspired to bring your full self to the workplace, speak up and share your unique ideas. You will also have an opportunity to join our employee led diversity & inclusion communities such as WeLink (women network), Encompass (LGBTQ+), Kaleidoscope (BAME), Disability and Wellness peer support network, Parents and Carers network.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We value your privacy and we are committed to protecting your personal details. If you choose to apply for this role, please do not include any sensitive data on your CV which reveals (directly or indirectly); your race or ethnic origins, your political, philosophical or religious opinions, or your membership of a trade union, your social security number, or information which relates to your health or sexual orientation or to any criminal convictions.