Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
Within Platform Implementation sits the Construction and Installation department who is responsible for delivering the physical elements of all Ocado Group projects globally. We are now looking for a Safety Advisor to support the Health and Safety Manager and our business customers with the successful deployment of the Ocado Health and Safety Arrangements and strive to achieve full regulatory compliance.
What will you be doing?
- Assisting in the undertaking of regular site audits and workplace inspections
- Assist and support with the implementation, monitoring, auditing and review of policies and procedures
- Identify and develop accident, incident reduction initiatives in hand with management and employees
- Support management in the development of risk assessments, safe systems of work and COSHH Assessments
- Track and support management in the closure of all outstanding actions relating to risk assessments, adverse events and audits.
- Track adverse event investigations and associated corrective actions
- Support management in the completion of adverse event investigations and provide support and advice for corrective actions
- Investigate major incidents in partnership with Ocado Global HS&E Manager
- Present workshops & meetings and be confident when giving advice
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational health & safety or Construction
- Previous experience as a Health, Safety & Environmental Practitioner.
- Construction Site or industrial Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Working understanding of Word, Excel and associated programmes;
- Current driving licence and the ability to travel to sites nationally and internationally
- A “can do” and “in this together” approach is a must
- IEMA Foundation certificate in Environmental management
- Understanding of G-Suite Application
- CSCS Card
- Membership of a relevant professional body such as IOSH or IIRSM, with proven CPD
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.