Bouygues E&S are seeking to appoint a Construction Manager to support our project at Hinkley Point C.
- Responsible for Project site operations from planning through to site establishment. Interface with Customer on site matters.
- Responsible for Project erection/installation activity from planning through to implementation covering (i) Early erection/installation works starting with Main Fuel tanks in Q3-2019 and (ii) Full erection/installation phase from Q3-2021. Through to hand-over to Commissioning. Interface with Customer on erection/installation matters.
- Update/ own contract requirements mapping on site and erection/installation areas of responsibility
- Ensure timely and quality delivery of Project deliverables and Reporting to Project - Direct on area of responsibility
- Develop EDG erection/installation contracting plan/strategy; source erection/installation sub-contractors and prepare sub-contract (supported by -
Procurement & Logistics Lead)
- Perform detailed planning erection/installation phase including detailed schedule development (supported by Planner) and budget consolidation vs objective (supported by Finance Manager)
- Participate in constructability reviews through end of Design
- Contribute to Supply Chain selection process led by Procurement & Logistics Lead
- Update Project Logistics plan to consider site and erection/installation phase needs (supported by Procurement & Logistics Lead)
- Source near-site ware-housing and prefab shop as needed
- Ensure that the project contract Health and Safety plan is maintained with respect to NNB operational requirements in safety standards and the master construction phase plan.
- Manage the employed and sub contracted installation teams.
- Ensure that employed teams develop and maintain their SQEP status, developing training and supervision plans as needed.
- Ensure that all on site teams respect the requirements of the DCO.
- Support Quality Manager for site audits in accordance with the QMS, owning and closing any Non Conformances raised during audits of on-site operations.
- Extensive Construction Site Management experience
- Strong M&E knowledge
- Nuclear experience
- Excellent management skills
- Excellent self organization skills and ability to organize others
- Priority management
- Knowledge of UK building regulations
- Ability to drive program
- High levels of quality standards
- Attention to H&S matters
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
Together with our partners and clients, Bouygues E&S delivers award-winning construction, development and regeneration projects to the most exacting standards across public and commercial private sectors.
Bouygues E&S is part of the Bouygues Group, a diverse global business which operates in the construction, engineering, energy, media and telecommunications markets.
With annual sales of over €32 billion and operations in over 100 countries, the financial strength of our group is a key differentiator in these challenging economic times.
Further information about Bouygues E&S can be found at:
Bouygues E&S is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Bouygues E&S values your privacy and we are committed to protecting your personal details.