My client is well known specialist in the partitioning and drywall sector who also offer an extensive SFS service as well. they have established clients across the main contracting and house building sectors, working on many landmark projects across London & South East. They are now currently in the market for Assistant Quantity Surveyor to work alongside the commercial team, more specifically to work closely with the Commercial Manager both in the office and on site.
This is a great opportunity for someone with at least a years' experience in the Construction Sector, working ideally for a Sub-Contractor although not essential or a Graduate Surveying Degree University leaver.
About The Role of Assistant QS
* Assisting with the preparation of project budgets, checking projects contracts, administering projects Contracts.
* Measurement of project to check quantities against tender allowances.
* Preparation of tender documents for any sub contract works and specialist suppliers.
* Set budgets for, and raise payments, for subcontract labour; manage variations as they occur; producing fortnight cost reports to their Clients.
* Assisting with the preparation and discuss the final account for projects.
* Negotiate and agree final accounts within parameters set by Line Manager.
* Prepare monthly Cost Value Reports.
About The Candidate
* Qualified to Degree level, degree must be in construction or at least 1 working years' experience within the construction industry.
* Ideally have worked for a specialist interior fit out contractor
* Have experience administering JCT 2005 & JCT 2011 contracts with and without Design Portion, D&B, and Fixed Price and any NEC form of contract
* Able to deal well with people at all levels within their client as well as suppliers.
* Eligible to work full time within the UK.
* Valid UK driving license is beneficial
If you may be interested in this role, please do send your CV in to Carl Tipping for review and call (phone number removed) for a discreet chat