Health & Safety Jobs FAQs
What responsibilities does a Health and Safety Officer have at work?
Health and Safety Officers responsibilities include:
- Minimising accidents and injuries whilst at work on the designated business premise.
- Create and implement a safe environment for people to work and be in.
- Risk Assessment, Site Inspections, Investigation incidents and accidents, keeping detailed records of these scenarios.
- Implement Health and Safety laws, train employees with company policies.
- Handling, removal and disposal of hazardous substances.
- Oversee installation of new equipment and machinery.
What Qualifications do I need to work in Health and Safety?
There are several qualifications that you can achieve to work in Health and Safety, we have listed below the most popular courses available.
NEBOSH, IOSH, COSH, NCRQ (National Compliance and Risk Qualification) NVQ, ProQual NVQ and City Guilds.
For more information and to find courses with some of the worlds’ leading Health and Safety training providers please visit the resources section of this website.
What type of Job titles and roles are available in the Health and Safety Industry?
As in all employment industries and businesses there are number of job roles and careers available, they are as follows:
- Health and Safety Apprentice
- Health and Safety Graduate
- Health & Safety Administrator
- Health & Safety Advisor
- Health & Safety Officer
- Health & Safety Coordinator
- Health & Safety Engineer
- Health & Safety Technician
- Health & Safety Inspector
- Health & Safety Manager
- Health & Safety Director
Health and Safety Education Roles:
- Health & Safety Lecturer
- Health & Safety Trainer
- Health & Safety Assessor
Health and Safety Business Development:
- Health & Safety Sales Executive
Where can i find a Job in Health and Safety?
If you are looking for your next Health and Safety Job or pursuing a new career in Health and Safety then we are a great place to start your job hunting. HSE jobs advertises hundreds of Health and Safety jobs with employers directly and recruitment agencies that proactively recruit for Health and Safety candidates.
Our website is available to use 24 hrs a Day, 7 days a week every year, making sure you can view and apply to jobs at your own convenience. As well as browsing our database of health and safety jobs you can also create a jobs by email account that will notify you of new vacancies when they are added to the site.
You also have the option to upload your CV and make it visible to employers and recruitment agencies that are searching our CV database to help them source Health and Safety professionals
If you would like to register your details, create job email alerts and upload your CV please click here. To search the latest health and safety jobs available please use our job search facilities.
Happy Job Hunting, Work Safe Today with HSE Jobs.
© HSE Jobs